transformed into a division by Ordinance No. 2982s, s. 1946 through the issuance of Administrative order No 43 dated September 30, 1965 and Memorandum Circular dated December 28, 1971. Located at G/F Sining Kayumanggi Bldg. Mehan Garden Arroceros St. Ermita, Manila. Tel. # 528-0630.
One of the first Public Libraries organized and establish by the City Government with the assistance of the National Library. On July 6, 1946 by virtue of City Ordinance No. 2982. It was solely own by City Government under the general supervision of the City Mayor. Located at Tondo Sports Complex, J. Nolasco corner N. Zamora Sts, Tondo. Tel. #245-4545.
Was conceptualized through a letter of request from the Manila City Library to Mayor Alfredo S. Lim requesting a library space in Patricia Complex which was eventually approved on January 2010. It was inaugurated and opened to the public on March 18, 2010. Located on the 3rd/fl of Patricia Complex, Flora St. cor. Benita St. Gagalangin, Tondo, Manila. Tel. #998-3044.
Organized on July, 1937, as Manila Business Library and Museum. On November 1945, by virtue of City Ordinance No. 2982, its name was changed to STA. CRUZ PUBLIC LIBRARY. On June 22, 1981 the Manila International Sister-Cities Association (MISCA) and the Manila City Library adopted a resolution renaming it again as Manila-San Francisco Friendship Library in connection with the mutual friendship and affection between the people of the City of Manila and the City of San Francisco, California, U.S.A. Located at 1559 Alvarez Street, Sta. Cruz, Manila. Tel. # 711-9840.
One of the first Public Libraries established by the City of Manila, just after the World War II. Its operational founder under the city Ordinance No. 2957 was appropriated for the period of January to June 1946. Located at Madrid corner San Fernando Streets, Binondo, Manila, and the heart of commercial and business establishments. Tel. # 241-5413.
Established by Congressman Leonardo B. Fugoso and officially opened to the public on the 25th day of January 1994. The official name was authored by Councilor Joseph Y. Lopez with Manila City Council Resolution No. 4. Located at corner of A.H. Lacson and Aragon Streets, Sta. Cruz, Manila. Tel. # 742-0627.
Formerly known as the Paco Branch Library. opened to the public in the early part of 1931 at Trece de Agosto under the Supervision of the Bureau of Public Libraries known as the National Library. On October 2, 1958, the said Library was moved to the corner of Canonigo and Zamora Streets. On May 21, 1965, the name was changed to Manila-Sacramento Friendship Library in commemoration of the mutual friendship and affection of the people of the City of Manila and the City of Sacramento California, U.S.A. Tel. # 563-2470.
Formerly known as the Sta. Ana Public Library. Have its name now by virtue of the approval of Resolution No. 508, Ordinance No. 3767 on November 11, 1955. It was organized July 2, 1956, opened to the public July 16, 1956 and inaugurated August 31, 1956 thru the cooperation of the different organizations. Located at Calderon corner Isabel Streets, Plaza Hugo, Sta. Ana, Manila. Tel. # 563-4312.
Established by virtue of City Ordinance No. 3474 and Resolution No. 527 s. 1951 of the City Municipal Board. It was organized On November 8, 1951 by the Buklod ng Pagkakaisa Movement headed by Atty. Bruno Papas and was formally opened on January 10, 1952 to serve the reading public of Bacood. Located at 3825 Biyaya Street, Bacood, Sta. Mesa, Manila. Tel. # 716-1828.
Established in 1952 by virtue of Ordinance 3473 passed by Municipal Board of the City of Manila which was approved by the late Mayor Arsenio H. Lacson. On November 29, 1952, it was formally opened to serve the public. Located at Teodoro San Luis corner Central Streets, Pandacan, Manila. Tel. # 563-2972.